For Nexus One owners Google has released Android 2.2.1 update. Nexus one acquired OTA update FRG83 which updates the Android Version to 2.2.1. The new software update comes with build number FRG83 and the update is Android’s OS 2.2.1. The size of OTA update is 3.9 mb and it comes with significant bug fixes and security patches. The OTA update is having issues with swype and other third party keyboards. The Android 2.2.1 for Nexus One update has Baseband version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7 and Kernel version: 184.108.40.206-27240-gbca5320.
The update is for anybody with a non-rooted Nexus One running 2.2 (FRF91). If you are using a custom ROM, it is better to wait until the update gets incorporated into the ROM. You will automatically get a message on your Nexus One's notification bar about software update accessible for your phone, if you are on stock Android 2.1 or Android 2.2. This will only take place if your phone is connected to internet (GPRS/EDGR/3G/HSDPA etc). Just download the software update and wait for its installation to complete. Just follow simple onscreen instructions and you can use it.
How to Update Google Nexus One to Android 2.2.1?
- Download the official Android 2.2.1 (FRG83) from Google.
- Copy the file to the root directory of your microSD card and name it update.zip.
- Power off your phone.
- Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
- Wait for your phone to load the skating Androids screen. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
- When you see the “/!” symbol, press the POWER button and the VOLUME UP button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “Apply sdcard:update.zip”.
- Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
Android version: 2.2.1
Baseband version: 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.12_7
Kernel version: 220.127.116.11-27240-gbca5320
Build number: frg83
Official Android 2.2.1 Notification While Rooted !? video from youtube:
You Might Also Like :
- Galaxy Nexus vs Samsung Galaxy S2: Features Compared
- New Nexus S with Gingerbread unveiled by Google & Samsung
- Smartphones getting Android Icecream sandwich Updates in 2012
- Philips GoGear Connect 3.5: All about Android based media player
- Verizon Storm Software Upgrade
- HTC Rezound Vs Galaxy Nexus Vs Droid RAZR : Features Compared