Multivitamins are very useful for the body as it have all vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Multivitamins contain many benefits as they provide nutritional supplements. For women consuming multivitamins will extend several health benefits. Refer the following article to know the benefits of multivitamin on women health.
Women need plenty of iron as they experience some hormonal changes in her body which may fall the levels of iron. Problems like low energy and the tendency to get injured are caused when the level of the iron is low. The requirement of multivitamin depends on woman's age, life stage, and health. There is always difference in the vitamins suggested for a young pregnant woman and a menopausal lady. We get vitamins through our food but busy lifestyles women did not get sufficient nutrients and vitamins needed by the body.
Due to lack of vitamins the body functions improperly and the person may also fall ill. So it is very important to take multivitamin supplements or capsules. Multivitamins are obtainable in the market in different types such as tablets, capsules, liquids, powders and injections. You should seek for the multivitamin that provide daily recommended value while choosing the multivitamin. Multivitamin aids to retain total health of the body and balance physical as well as mental health.
Multivitamins lower the chance of recurrence and death in women with breast cancer as per study. Women who consumed multivitamins with minerals before diagnosis and sustained taking them at least thrice a year later have decreased the risk of recurrence by 31% and death by 27%. The cause and effect doesn't confirmed by the study but the risk of breast cancer increases if the overdose of multivitamins is taken. Consuming multivitamins without minerals didn’t appear to be protective.
Benefits of multivitamins for women:
- Multivitamin with calcium defends the women against osteoporosis.
- It also avert growing fetus from malformations.
- It supplies the needed nutrition and energy to the breast feeding mother.
- Iron deficiency due to menstruation is also filled by Multivitamin supplements.
- Multivitamin supplement complete the need of vitamin D even after menopause.
- Multivitamins prevent birth defects as it contains minerals like calcium and folic acid.
- If pregnant women consume multivitamins, then the neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida can be lowered.
- The occurrence of preterm and low birth weight infants are decreased by the multivitamins with minerals.
- Folic acid and vitamin A of multivitamin helps the women's body to get ready for carrying a baby.
- Among older women multivitamins with supplements such as calcium and vitamin D decrease the rate of hip fracture.
- If elderly women consume multivitamins daily, then their immune function can be enhanced by dipping infectious diseases, potentially cutting half the total number of days they are ill.
- Multivitamins with beta carotene defend women from heart diseases and cancer as well as boost their immune system.
- Multivitamins with beta carotene also prevent a variety of skin disorders and helps in enhancing their vision.
Side Effects of multivitamins for women:
- Multivitamins supplements can cause diarrhea, a feeling of queasiness in the stomach and constipation.
- Blood pressure medicines such as ibuprofen, tretinoin etc. may react to the multivitamins.
- Sleep related disorders, foul or metallic taste in mouth and a mild headache are the other multivitamins side effects.
- When vitamin B12 and minerals such as iron, zinc and calcium is taken in extra amount than required, these nutrients get accumulated in the blood stream.
- An overdose is relevant to many serious complications for example palpitations of the heart, increased urination, stains in the teeth and bleeding in the stomach.
- Life threatening condition may be produced by taking overdose of vitamins like vitamin A, K, E and D. Severe headache, changes in menstruation, unexplained loss of weight and severe back pain, particularly in the lower back are the symptoms of the overdose.
- Women who are intolerance to some minerals and vitamins may cause allergic reactions such as hives and itchiness by consuming multivitamins supplements. A swollen face and limbs, pain in the chest while breathing, etc. may be experienced in severe cases.
Benefits of Multivitamins from youtube:
What you need to know about multivitamins video from youtube:
You Might Also Like :