In 1976, CHB - Chandigarh Housing Board was established by expansion of the Haryana Housing Board Act of 1971. The prime intention of the Board is to supply reasonably priced, good quality housing for the shelterless persons living in the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Various categories of houses are constructed by the Chandigarh Housing Board. It has constructed total 47633 houses till March 2010. A reputation of the board is maintained by providing well designed houses with good quality of construction at prices much lower than market. About 25% of the population of Chandigarh is estimated to live in CHB houses.
According to Sanjay Kumar, Housing-cum-Finance Secretary, UT Administration, CHB would complete the construction of 10,816 flats in Sector 49 (Group I and II); Dhanas; Ram Darbar and Sector 26 (E) by June 2010 at an estimated cost of Rs 51.34 crore. Also, 608 small flats in Sector 38 (Group II) will be completed by the end of the year at an estimated cost of Rs 11.14 crore. The Board plans to take up construction of 2,108 flats in Sector 63 under the General Housing Scheme soon. Also, Kumar has added that “The draw of lots has already been held while tenders are being called. These flats include 336 three-bedroom flats; 888 two-bedroom flats; 564 one-bedroom flats and 320 EWS flats, all to be built at an estimated cost of Rs 414.45 crore”.
Moreover, the CHB offers to roll out four more General Housing Schemes to construct approximately 13,000 dwelling units for different categories in Sector 63, 53, 54, 55, Maloya I and II, Sector 26 (East) and Sector 51A. A scheme for UT employees has also been chalked out and the CHB has been assigned the task of building 1,856 flats in Sector 52 and 56.
G S Rosa, chief engineer, CHB, said that “While five per cent units will be reserved for employees retiring within three years; and those who retired in the last three years from the date of launch of the scheme, three per cent units shall be set aside for physically challenged persons.”
Chandigarh Housing Board New Schemes:
- General Housing Scheme Sector 49: 208 Two Bedroom and 256 one bedroom flats
- EWS Housing Scheme in Sector 38 & 49: 688 one room flats
- Maloya: Vocational training center for street children
- Dr. Ambedkar Niwas Yojana: 320 small flats in Sector 56
- Prefab Shelters: 1724 Pre-fabricated units for slum dwellers in Kumhar Colony in Sector 25 and 328 units for Rag Pickers in Sector 56
- Madrasi Colony: Rehabilitation of 3167 families of Madrasi Colony
- Slum Rehabilitation: One room flats to 23841 slum families
- Rajiv Gandhi Technology Park Habitat Project: 1314 residential units and all basic amenities and infrastructural facilities.
Chandigarh Housing Board
8, Jan Marg,
Phone: 0172-2740091, 2740764, 2741238
Chandigarh Housing Board Website: http://chb.co.in/
For more information on the Chandigarh Housing Board new schemes and more upcoming CHB projects, refer to Chandigarh Housing Board website.
You Might Also Like :
- HUDA Bahadurgarh Draw Results 2010 for Plot Scheme
- Search Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) Recruitment & Jobs at Huda.nic.in
- New DDA Housing Scheme 2010 from Delhi Development Authority
- Panjab University Recruitment 2010 - PU Job vacancies Chandigarh
- CBSE Class 12 Results 2010 on cbseresults.nic.in
- Orissa Board BSE 10th result 2010 available on Bseorissa.in