Go through Greyhound Bus Tracking Tips, travelers need, station locator, process of book tickets on the website www.greyhound.com.
Greyhound Lines, Inc., the largest provider of intercity bus transportation was founded in 1914. With 13,000 daily departures across North America, it is serving over 2,300 destinations. Greyhound Lines, Inc. provides safe, enjoyable and affordable travel to nearly 25 million passengers each year and has become an American icon. One of the most-recognized brands in the world is the Greyhound running dog. Greyhound is famous for its regularly scheduled passenger service. Numerous other services are also provided by it for customers. Value-priced, same-day and early-next-day package delivery is offered by Greyhound PackageXpress to thousands of destinations.
Charter packages are offered by the company's Greyhound Travel Services unit for businesses, conventions, schools and other groups at competitive rates. In the United States, Greyhound contains three operating subsidiaries, which are a part of the nationwide Greyhound network. Valley Transit Company, serving the Texas-Mexico border, Crucero USA, serving southern California and Arizona into Mexico & Americanos USA, serving points in Mexico from Texas and New Mexico are included by Greyhound. Additionally, Greyhound contains interline partnerships with numerous independent bus lines across the United States. Complementary service is provided by these bus companies to existing schedules of Greyhound Lines and linkage to many of the smaller towns in national route system of Greyhound Lines.
How to book tickets at www.greyhound.com?
Screenshot of www.greyhound.com:
To book tickets, visit www.greyhound.com, and get the option “tickets”. Select one way or round trip, enter departure city, state, in ‘leaving from’ option, arrival city, state in ‘going to,’ date of departure in ‘Departing on’, time of departure in ‘time’ option, number of adults, seniors, children, enter discount type and promotion code, then click on “search schedules” option. Users can book tickets by phone at 1-800-231-2222.
Greyhound Bus tickets are of two types like ‘Will Call Tickets’ and ‘Tickets by Mail’. Customers are allowed to purchase ticket online and then pick it up at the counter with ‘Will Call tickets’. ‘Tickets by Mail’ can be purchased online and delivered by first-class U.S. mail. International Customers can book tickets by calling 214-849-8100 at any time between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m.
An International credit card can be used for Will Call online ticket purchases. International customers can also purchase their ticket at any Greyhound location upon arrival in the U.S. or Canada. For international customers without toll-free access, please call 214-849-8100 any time between 5:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. central time for fare and schedule information.
Greyhound offers a lot of choices in planning your next trip with over 2,400 service locations in North America (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). It has compiled a state-by-state list of its available locations to make it easier to choose which destination is right for you. Company-operated terminals provide full-service ticketing and package express service, with widespread hours of operation (many are open 24 hours) in major cities. Locations may be operated by independent agents, which also provide schedule and package express service in smaller communities. Limited schedule service is provided by Bus stops for a large number of locations, which do not support a full-service terminal or agency. As a general rule, no ticketing, baggage, or package express service is offered at these locations. Passengers should be aware that no Greyhound ticketing facilities are available at bus stop locations.
Greyhound bus travelers need:
Greyhound has taken pro-active measures to provide more stringent security standards for bus travelers.
- Greyhound forbids the taking of photographs and the use of videotapes while on board the bus or within the station.
- At present, Greyhound needs the presentation of a photo ID prior to boarding the bus in select cities and stations.
- Bus passengers, who are not United States citizens, will undergo a screening process. Those people, who are in the country illegally or with exceptional warrants for their arrest, will not be allowed to board.
- Video surveillance has been installed in Greyhound stations and on buses.
- GPS tracking devices have been installed in select coaches. They will not only provide the location of the bus in an emergency, but also alert Greyhound supervisors of unsafe behavior on the part of the driver, including excessive speeding.
- All passenger luggages are now subject to search. In order to avoid inadvertently transporting unlawful items such as explosives and hazardous materials, Greyhound will employ devices to screen bags prior to loading them on the bus.
- Greyhound drivers are defended from passengers while the coach is moving. As part of the bus restoration, a gate has been installed to prevent passengers from entering the driver's area. Passengers will not be allowed to ride directly behind the driver in older buses, where gates have yet to be installed.
How do track package at Greyhound ?
Screenshot of my.shipgreyhound.com:
By using tracking system at ShipGreyhound.com or by calling 1-800-739-5020, customers can track their package. For tracking packages, customers have to visit www.shipgreyhound.com, enter tracking number, which is provided by Greyhound or order number then click on “Track” option. Greyhound shipments are not shipped to your home, they are shipped to the Greyhound station nearest to your home; where you will need to go to pick it up. When your package arrives at your local Greyhound station, they will call you. The buyer doesn't have to be there to "meet the bus" and can pick their package up at their convenience. Greyhound will hold your package for three days. After that they will probably charge you a storage fee but some stations do not charge anything.
Package delivery confirmations can be obtained by calling 1-800-739-5020 or by using its tracking system on the website. The maximum weight per package is 100 pounds. The extreme measurements of length, width, and height shall not exceed 30" x 47" x 82". All shipments must be packed in containers, which are made of durable material and of quality sufficient to withstand handling on buses. All packages, containing Fragile or Perishable articles, must be marked in large letters, preferably with appropriate labels. Arrival times depend on the shipment's service level.
You Might Also Like :
- Get New Jersey Transit Bus Schedule at www.njtransit.com
- Kesineni Travels Online Ticket Booking - User Guide
- Amtrak Train Schedule : Online Amtrak Routes Project
- How to search Dublin Bus Timetable online from DublinBus.ie
- How to use PaceBus.com for Pace Bus Schedules, Route Maps & Trip Planner
- Redbus Booking: Book Online Bus Tickets with RedBus.in