There is no need of any introduction for Hero Honda, which is one of the India’s largest motorcycle manufacturers. For Indian consumers, many stunning and powerful bikes like Splendor, Passion, Karizma, Glamour, Achiever and Hunk have already proven the powerful performance of the company. Even after the parting of ways between Hero and Honda, Hero Motocorp maintains its status and introduced the all new bike for Indian consumers ‘Ignitor,’ which strengthen company’s presence in the growing deluxe segment by combining toughness and superior technology.
It has been launched by the company at Auto Expo 2012 in New Delhi in three variants - kick start, self start with drum brakes and self start with disc front brakes. The Ex-showroom prices for Drum Self and Disc Self are 55,900 & 57,900 while the On Road prices are 61,719 & 63,871 respectively.
Saving more on the fuel is the most concerned issue for Indians; keeping this in mind the company offers a 125cc ATFT (Advance Tumble Flow Induction Technology) engine that ensures air and fuel mixture flows from the carburetor to the engine cylinder with a tumbling or swirling action. As a result, the rider will get more efficient fuel burning, more power for bike and lesser emissions.
This new generation 125 cc ATFT single cylinder, air cooled engine produces a maximum of 11 PS power at 8800 RPM. The Ignitor uses both carburetor and fuel-injected versions and equipped with a 5-speed gearbox to ride the bike and change the gears effortlessly.
Apart from the advanced technology that saves more on the fuel; Hero Ignitor is also very stylish. Glamour 125 and Super Splendor 125cc are the other two bikes under the 125cc lineup, but this time Hero Motocorp has worked very intelligently on the design and look of the bike, so it is expected that the new Hero Ignitor will surely win the hearts of youngsters. Its engine is painted in black for more classy and elegant look and its vacuum slide provides varying venture size to maintain constant velocity.
The Hero Ignitor is equipped with an analog RPM meter and with the split seat that allows a better grip over the bike while riding and gives an altogether sporty look to the new Ignitor. It has five spoke, alloy wheels to enhance the overall appearance of the bike and an option for a front disc brake. Its rear view mirrors are dual tone and offers sleek, pointed hexagon design.
The Ignitor has tubeless tires to provide an increased safety so that bike never loses control in the middle of the road even if there is a small puncture in the tire as it will lead to a gentle deflation based on such tires. The Hero Ignitor is available in four colors - Vibrant Blue, Sports Red, Pearl White and Panther Black.
Specifications of Hero Ignito :
- Type: Air cooled, 4 - stroke single cylinder OHC
- Displacement: 124.7 cc
- Max. Power: 8.20 kW ( 11 bhp ) @ 8000 rpm
- Max. Torque: 11 N-m @ 5000 rpm
- Bore x Stroke: 52.4 x 57.8 mm
- Carburettor CV Type
- Compression Ratio 9.2 :1
- Starting Self Start / Kick Start
- Ignition Digital CDI
- Transmission & Chassis
- Clutch Multiplate wet
- Gear box: 5 Speed constant mesh
- Chassis Type: Tubular, Diamond Type
- Front Telescopic Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
- Rear Swing Arm with Adjustable Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
- Front Brake Dia 240 mm Disc - Non Asbestos type
- Rear Brake Internal expanding shoe type ( 130 mm ) - Non Asbestos type
Wheels & Tyres
- Rim Size Front 17 x 1.85, Cast Wheel
- Rim Size Rear 17 x 2.15, Cast Wheel
- Tyre Size Front 80/100 x 17 - M/C 46 P ( Tubeless Tyre )
- Tyre Size Rear 100/90 x 17 - M/C 55P ( Tubeless Tyre )
- Battery 12 V - 3 Ah, MF Battery
- Head Light 35 W / 35 W - Halogen Bulb ( Multi-Reflector )
- Tail Stop Lamp 5 W / 21 W ( Multi-Reflector )
- Turn Signal Lamp 10 W x 4 nos ( Multi-Reflector )
- Length 2010 mm
- Width 710 mm
- Height 1095 mm
- Wheelbase 1270 mm
- Ground Clearance 175 mm
- Kerb Weight 129 kg
You Might Also Like :
- Hero Ignitor: Price and Specs for India
- Hero Honda Achiever 150cc 2010 in India : Price, Specs
- New Hero Honda Splendor Pro 2011: Price & Specifications
- Honda Dream Yuga: Price, Specs & Mileage revealed
- 2012 TVS Radeon: A 125 CC Bike coming soon
- HTC Hero Price & Best Buy offers Best Deal for Sprint HTC Hero