The beet is a plant in the amaranth family and the binomial name of beet is Beta vulgaris. The beet is best recognized in its numerous cultivated varieties like the red root vegetable called as the beetroot or garden beet. Beetroot juice is used as natural temporary hair dye. It does not give permanent hair color or any harm to your tresses.
Generally, Hair dyes contain many chemicals so they are hard on our hair which can cause hair to break and even fall out. Many people avoid hair dyes in an effort to keep their hair healthy and strong. Artificial hair colours are quite harsh. If someone uses this colour then her/his hair becomes rough. Repeatedly use of artificial color may cause white hair and also hair fall problem. Some of the artificial hair dyes contain aroma that cause irritation in eyes. Artificial dyes also contain smell which causes suffocation.
It is advisable to use natural ingredients that are beneficial to your locks. With the using of natural beet dye on hair, you can change lighter colors such as brown and blond and bring out red highlights in darker shades. For best results, you have to repeat this process every week or two. Once you get your favorite colour after that you can colour your hair every two or three weeks. Though, as beet juice is a weak dye, the colour may be affected by clarifying and cleansing treatments.
How to dye hair with beets?
- 1 cup of beet juice
- 1 cup of carrot juice
- Spray bottle of water
- Sunny day
- Plastic bottle
- First of all, pour the carrot and beet juice into a plastic bottle. The bottle should be clean and dry. If there are remains from other food or cosmetic products in the bottle, then it will affect harm to your hairs.
- Now, shake mixture properly, until it becomes reddish.
- Wet your hair properly with water. It should not be oily. Take care that you mist the lower layers as well as the top of your hair with water.
- Now, apply the juice in your hair from the roots to the tips. Minimum you need half bottle or more of juice.
- After applying juice in your hair, sit under sunrays for an hour to emphasize and enhance your natural red highlights, undertones and shades.
- Now, wash your hair and comb it as usual.
- For good result, you have to repeat this process for many days. You can also repeat the process immediately as long as you let your hair dry before reapplying the juice mixture.
Tips for Dyeing Hair with Beet Juice
- Beet juice will stain hands, skin, counters, sinks and floors! If possible, then try to apply the mixture outdoors (on the grass, not the deck!) wearing old clothes.
- Beet and carrot juice do not cause allergic reactions; if in doubt, then try a patch test first.
- Pureed beets can be used in place of juice; this mixture is easier to apply, but harder to rinse out. To thicken the mixture for easier application, add a small quantity of pectin. This will “gel” the mixture.
You Might Also Like :