IIST stands for Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. IIST launched on 14 September, 2007 by Dr. G. Madhavan Nair. An admission test will be conducted for the year 2010 by The Indian Institute of Space Science in april. ISAT 2010 entrance exam will be held on April 2010, in which lots of students will appear. The official website of IIST is www.iist.ac.in. For detailed information you can visit its official website which may help you out. You can get all information which is related to Admission in IIST on its official website.
IIST Admission Test - ISAT 2010:
For its BTech Programmes, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) will be conducting an ISAT Admission test. Other engineering entrance tests are similar to IIST admission test-ISAT 2010. ISAT Test 2010 is mainly based on the CBSE Syllabus of 11th and 12th standards. Questions of IIST Test will be of the objective type. The ISAT Test will be held in the third weekend of April, 2010 in several centers across the country. Some details about admission are given below.
How to Apply for IIST Admission Test - ISAT 2010:
If you are interested in IIST Admission test, first fill the online registration form. You can easily apply for online IIST-ISAT 2010 test from its official website.
Student desirous of taking entrance test ISAT-2010 shall have to pay application fee as under:
- Male GEN/OBC candidates : Rs.500
- SC/ST/PD and for all female candidates : Rs.250
For ISAT Test 2010, Candidates have to be Indian citizens.
2) Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE):
Interested candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, in the year 2009 or 2010. If you are going to appear in the QE or expecting the results of QE later than July 1, 2010 are not eligible for exam.
3) Minimum Percentage of Marks in Class X or equivalent examination:
If you are belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in aggregate in their Class X, while if you belonging to SC,ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Class X.
4) Minimum Percentage of Marks in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination:
if you are belonging to GEN and OBC categories must secure at least 70% marks in the aggregate in their Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics papers in their QE, while if you are belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 60% marks in the aggregate in their PCM papers in their QE.
5) RESERVATION OF SEATS:
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on relaxed criteria. These categories are:
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
- Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those castes/ tribes which are recognized by the Government of India and are included in the respective central list published by the Department of Personnel and Training.
You Might Also Like :
- GATE 2010 Entrance: Exam Dates & Application Forms
- NDA Application Form 2010 & Admission Details
- Rajasthan Pre Medical Test RPMT 2010 results on www.ruhsraj.org
- PGECET Exam Notification, Dates & results 2010
- JMET 2011 Notification - Joint Management Entrance Test 2011 Dates
- CatIim.in: Get CAT IIM Exam Notification & Results