Income Tax Return filing is not only necessary but it is also liability of every citizen. Tax Return filing is compulsory for the person whose gross total income exceeds the basic exemption limit. Now salaried persons can file their tax return online. If you want to file your income tax online, visit the official website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. To fill your Income Tax with efiling, you must login at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. The whole process of login is given below.
The department of income tax has begun electronic filing (e-filing) of returns by salaried persons. The facility is available in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkatta and Mumbai. It is easy way to fill your Income tax Return. You can file your income tax return anytime, anywhere.
Types of e-filing: The three types of e-filing are given as under:
- You can Use digital signature, in which case no further action is required.
- If you file without digital signature then ITR-V form is to be filed with thedepartment. This is a single page receipt cum verification form.
- File through an e-return intermediary who would do e-Filing and also assist the Assesses file the ITR-V Form.
Benefits of e-Filing:
- It is very easy way to fill you Income Tax, fill you tax at any time and anywhere.
- The process of e-filing is much faster than paper returns.
- With e-filing payee also gets the acknowledgement slip immediately.
- It is also safe and secure way to pay your tax.
How to pay Income tax return or login at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in?
First of all open the official site at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and get the home page. Now you will need to select appropriate IT form and corresponding return preparation software. The link is provided on the right side of the home page you can choose the applicable form. You can select the form of year 2009-10 or 2008-09.
After the form selection, download Return Preparation Software. If once the software downloads then fill your form offline. Generate the file through same software and Save XML file on your Pc.
Now you have to login to upload the file. If you are already register user then click on “login” once login page display, enter your user id and password and click on “login”. For getting registration click on “register”.
When you logged in, click on “submit return”. If you want fill tax with “digital sign”, click on digital sign. Submit your file through “browse” button. Select the XML file which you save in your PC and open, click on “sign with open” and click on “upload”. Take out the print of your personal acknowledge record.
If you want to fill your tax without digital sign, click on “no digital sign”. Click on browse button and open the save file and click on “upload”. You will have to take out the print of your verification form which you will get after upload. You must need to submit the copy of print to IT office within 15 days.
You Might Also Like :
- How do I calculate my Tax Return and Refund for 2013 in India?
- Federal tax brackets 2009-2010
- How to check online Income Tax Refund Status?
- Income Tax Challan 280 Form - Advance Tax Challan ITNS 280 Download
- Kerala Commercial Taxes e-Filing Guide using Keralataxes.in
- Get SARS Tax tables 2010 from sars.gov.za tax tables